Nico Rosberg ends in-season testing in Austria on a high note, setting the fastest time, and finishing ahead of Ferrari's Esteban Gutierrez and Williams's Valtteri Bottas.
As they did during the Grand Prix weekend, it was Mercedes, Ferrari, and Williams who finished on top of the charts; fourth came the DTM Champion Marco Wittmann, making his Formula 1 debut, and completing 158 laps, more than any other driver.
A happy Marco Wittmann commented, "This has been an amazing experience for me. I was surprised at the power of the car; if I compare it to DTM, it’s got quite a lot more power!
"I enjoyed the whole day, which was trouble free, so I was able to do a lot of laps. I’m happy with my day, I hope the team is too. I would like to thank Red Bull, Scuderia Toro Rosso and BMW for giving me this great opportunity."
Meanwhile, McLaren driver Fernando Alonso, who crashed on the first lap of Sunday's Austrian Grand Prix, completed 100 laps in the short-nosed MP4-30.
Wednesday testing times:
1. Nico Rosberg, Mercedes - 1:09.113, 117 laps
2. Esteban Gutierrez, Ferrari - 1:09.931, 110 laps
3. Valtteri Bottas, Williams - 1:10.029, 79 laps
4. Marco Wittmann, Toro Rosso - 1:10.103, 158 laps
5. Pascal Wehrlein, Force India - 1:10.253, 132 laps
6. Jolyon Palmer, Lotus - 1:10.373, 110 laps
7. Fernando Alonso, McLaren - 1:10.718, 104 laps
8. Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull - 1:10.757, 116 laps
9. Felipe Nasr, Sauber - 1:10.922, 138 laps
More to follow